Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lemon Sevai


One lazy evening, I was thinking about what to make for dinner and had just returned from the Indian store and had bought frozen Idiyappam. I remembered my friend telling me that she once made sevai with that and I thought let me try that for tonight :) Sharing the recipe of delicious lemon sevai with all you guys..

Preparation Time : 10 mins
Makes servings : 2
Cooking Time : 5 mins

Ingredients :

Frozen Idiyappam - 1 packet (contains 10)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Black gram dal - 1 tsp
Chana dal - 1 tsp
Turmeric pwdr - 1 tsp
Green Chilis - few
Ginger - small piece
Curry leaves - a few
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp

Procedure :

1. Thaw the frozen Idiyappam for some time by leaving it outside for sometime.
2. Put some oil in a pan, temper when hot with mustard seeds and dals.
3. Add turmeric pwdr to this and fry for few seconds. Then put green chilis and ginger which is cut into small pieces.
4. Add the curry leaves to the same.
5. When this is getting done, make the Idiyappam to small pieces and put it in the mixture.
6. This gives the "sevai" texture.
7. Add coriander to this if needed. Gives a wonderful flavor to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment